Finding a cute name or nickname for your little girl isn’t always easy. There are thousands of names & nicknames to choose from, but the challenge comes in where the parents can’t seem to agree on a befitting name for their little bundle of joy.
Whether you’re looking for a name that’s cute, old-fashioned or unisex, there are many uncommon yet unique girl names you can pick from.
We’ve rounded up a list of cute aesthetic name & nickname ideas for girls with their meanings to make it easy for you to find the most beautiful one for your baby girl. Some of the names listed below have deep meaning.
From traditional to trendy, up and coming or unique names, here’s a list of ideas to look at the top cute aesthetic names & nicknames you can give your daughter.
Also Read: 50+ Names Without Vowels
150+ Cute Aesthetic Names & Nicknames For Girls (With Meanings)
- Ailee, a name of Scottish origin which means sight. In ancient Greek, Ailee means light, bright, beautiful, shining or sunlight.
- Alaska, which is taken from Native America and means great land. The name is also a derivative of an Aleut word Alaxsxaq, which means mainland.
- Alice is a form of the old French and old High German names – Alais and Adalhaidis respectively – which mean noble and kind.
- Angelina, a diminutive of Angela, is a name of Spanish, Italian or Greek origin taken from the word angelos that means angel.
- Annabelle is a femine name of English or Latin origin, which combines Hebrew and French words ‘Anna’ and ‘Belle’ that mean grace and beauty respectively.
- Aria, a name of Hebrew or Italian origin that can be used for a boy or girl depending on the origin. The name means song, melody or air. In Albanian language, the name means treasure or gold.
- Aquitaine, a name of French origin taken from a region of France that’s famous for gourmet food and wines.
- Arwen, a name of Welsh origin that means noble maiden.
- Ashlyn is a name of American origin that means dream.
- Aspen, a stylish and unique girl’s name taken from a graceful poplar tree.
- Atlas, name from Greek origin that means support. The name also means to carry, and bears connotations of great strength.
- Auberon, a name of English and German origin that means bearlike or noble. The name also means royal bear.
- Avery, was traditionally an old English surname meaning ruler of the elves.
- Autumn, a girl’s name taken from the most popular season and symbolizes crisp and colorful.
Check Out: Female Fantasy & Sci-fi Names (With meanings)
- Bathsheba, a name of Hebrew origin that means daughter of an oath.
- Bea, a name of American origin meaning blessed. It also means “she who brings happiness”.
- Bellatrix, a name of Latin origin that means female warrior
- Belle, is a name of French origin that’s feminine and means beautiful.
- Betty, a short form of Beatrice, which means she who makes happy.
- Billie, an Old English name signifying protection. It also means resolute protection.
- Birdie, of German, meaning bright bird. It also means famous little bird.
- Blair, from Scotland, that means plain, meadow, or field.
- Blythe, a name of English origin that means happy.
- Briar, a name of English origin meaning thorny wildflower.
- Briella, a name of Italian origin meaning God is my strength.
- Brita, a name of Norwegian origin meaning exalted one
- Bronte, a name of Greek origin that means thunder.
- Brunhilda, a Norse name that means armed for battle.
Also Read: 30+ Japanese Names That Mean Water
- Cami, a name of Latin origin that means helper to the priest.
- Cara, a name of Latin origin that means dear friend or face.
- Catrine, a variation of Catherine, which means, pure, clean and chaste.
- Celeste, a name of Latin origin that means heavenly.
- Charlie, a name of French origin that means free man.
- Charlotte, name of French origin like Charlie, which also means free man.
- Chantilly, a name of French origin that means white.
- Chantria is a girl’s name of Khmer origin that means moon faced or moon light.
- Christabel, a name of Latin origin that means fair Christian.
- Christian, name of English origin, which means follower of Christ.
- Claudine, a girl’s name of French origin, whose variants include Claudia, Claudie or Claude.
- Clementine, a girl’s name of English origin that means gentle.
- Cleo, is the Egyptian short form of the name Cleopatra that means father’s glory.
- Coco, a girl’s name from America that means chocolate bean.
- Coral, a name drawn from the marine system.
- Cyan, a girl’s name taken from the attractive blue color
Explore: Mermaid Names For Girls (With meaning)
- Darby, a name of Irish origin that means without envy.
- Delaney, a name of Old French origin that means from the Alder Grove.
- Delphine, a name of French origin that means dolphin.
- Della, a name of German origin which means noble.
- Demelza, a Cornish name that means fort on the hill.
- Dionne, a girl’s name of Greek origin that means divine.
- Dorthea, a name of Greek origin that means Gift of God.
Explore: Best Female Dwarf Names
- Effie, a name of Greek origin that means well spoken.
- Eglantine, a name of French origin that’s taken from the sweetbriar shrub.
- Elliott, a name of French origin that means God on High.
- Ellis, a name of Hebrew origin that means Jehovah is God.
- Elodie, a name of French origin that means riches.
- Eloise, is a name of French origin that means wide or healthy.
- Elora, a name of Hebrew origin that stands for God is Light.
- Elowen, a Cornish name that means elm.
- Elysia, a name of Latin origin that is taken from Elysium.
- Emerald, a name of Persian origin that means green.
- Ember is an English name that means burning low or spark.
- Emerson, a name of German origin that stands for brave.
- Evan, a name of Welsh origin that means The Lord is gracious.
- Esme is a name of French origin (old French) that means to love.
- Evangelica/Evangeline, a name of Greek origin that means bearer of good news.
- Evening, a girl’s name taken from the time of day.
- Eve, a name of Hebrew origin that means life.
- Everleigh is a name of English origin, which can be used for baby boys or girls. The name means from the Boar meadow.
Check Out: Best Flower Names For Girls (With meanings)
- Faith, a name of English origin that symbolizes virtue.
- Fay, which means fairy.
- Ferelith, a name of Scottish, Gaelic and Irish origin that means true sovereignty.
- Finley, a name of Scottish origin that means Faith Warrior.
- Flora, a girl’s name derived from Floris of Latin origin, which means Flower.
- Forever, a girl’s name that means eternal.
- Frankie is a girl’s name that’s taken from Frank, which is of Latin origin. The name means free man or french man.
Also Read: Best Cowboy Names For Boys (With meanings)
- Galilee, a name taken from the location in Israel that means the province.
- Gardenia, a girl’s name, which means garden’s flower.
- Gemini, a name of Latin origin that means the twins.
- Godiva, a name of English origin that means God’s gift.
- Goldie, a girl’s name that means made of gold.
- Grey, a girl’s name drawn from a color and that means pleasant.
- Hayden, a name of English origin that means hedged valley.
- Harlow is a girl’s name of English origin that means rock hill or army hill.
- Hattie is a girl’s name that comes from German language and that means home ruler.
- Hazel, a girl’s name of English origin that means the hazelnut tree.
- Hermione, a girl’s name of Greek origin, which means messenger or earthly.
- Hero, a name of Greek or English origin that means demi-god.
- Hollis, a girl’s name of Anglo-Saxon origin that means dweller of the holly tree
- Hope, an English name that symbolizes virtue; too pure and elegant to be corrupted.
- Hyacinth, a girl’s name derived from the blue larkspur.
- Ianthe, a name of Greek origin that means purple flower.
- India, an English name that symbolizes an exotic and lovely place
- Indy, an English name that is a variant of India.
- Isabeau, a name of French origin that means pledged to God.
- Isis, a name of Egyptian origin that means throne.
- Isla is a girl’s name os Scottish or Spanish origin that means island. The original name is also taken from a Scottish river.
- Ivy, a name of English origin derived from the Ivy plant.
- Izzy is a name of American origin meaning God is my oath.
- Jamila is a feminine name of Arabic origin taken from the masculine name, Jamil. Jamila means beauty.
- Jasper, a girl’s name that means bringer of treasure.
- Jolie, a name of French origin meaning pretty. It’s associated with celebrity actress, Angelina Jolie.
- Jules, a name of Latin and American origin that means youthful.
- Juniper, a name of Latin origin that means evergreen. It also means young.
- Juno, a name of Latin origin that means queen of the heavens.
- Kaira, a name of Greek origin that means right opportune.
- Kingsley, a name of English origin that means king’s meadow.
- Laney, a girl’s name of French origin that means bright light.
- Lavender, a girl’s name of English origin that is taken from the sweet-smelling flower.
- Leanna is a name of English or Irish Gaelic that means light of a beautiful woman.
- Liberty, a girl’s name, which means freedom.
- Lily, a girl’s name of English origin that is taken from the Lily flower.
- Liv is a name of Scandinavian origin that stands for a shield.
- Lorelei is a girl’s name of German origin that is taken from a rocky cliff off of the Rhine river.
- Louella is a girl’s name with English and German origins, and that means famous warrior.
- Lulu, a name of Hawaiian origin that means precious.
- Luna, a girl’s name of Italian origin that means moon.
- Lyra, derived from lyre, which is a melodic musical instrument.
- Magnolia, a Latin name that means Magnol’s flower.
- Maia is a feminine name of Greek origin that is also popular as Maori and that means confident or brave.
- Mari, a name of Welsh origin that means drop of the sea or beloved.
- Marigold means golden flower.
- Marley, a name of English origin that means pleasant seaside meadow.
- Marlowe, an English name for Driftwood, which is a type of wood known for providing shelter and food for aquatic animals.
- Melanie, a girl’s name of Greek origin that means black or dark.
- Meriah is a name of Hebrew origin that means wished for, God is my teacher, bitter or star of the sea.
- Merry, a girl’s name of English origin that means happy or lighthearted.
- Milana, derived from Milena, is a name taken from the Czechoslovakian and Slavic origins that means favored.
- Mimosa, a girl’s name of Latin origin.
- Minnie is a girl’s name that means intellect or mind.
- Mira is a South Slavic name, which stands for peace.
- Morgana, a French name meaning sea circle.
- Muse, a Greek name that’s passive, someone’s inspiration.
- Nazareth, is a girl’s name that is taken from the Bible in the New Testament hometown of Jesus Christ.
- Nella, is a girl’s name of Latin origin that means horn.
- Oceane, is a girl’s name of French origin that means ocean.
- Odette, a French name that means wealthy.
- Olive/Olivine, a girl’s name taken from the olive and a gem named for its green hue.
- Ophelia, a girl’s name of Greek origin meaning helper.
- Oriana, a girl’s name of Italian/Latin origin that means dawn.
- Orion, a girl’s name taken from the constellation.
- Pandora, a girl’s name of Greek origin that means all gifted.
- Paola is a name of Italian origin that means small.
- Paris, a girl’s name of French origin that is taken from the city in France.
- Peony, a girl’s name of Greek origin that means flower.
- Perpetua, a girl’s name of Latin origin that means perpetual.
- Phayre, an Anglo-Saxon name that means the fair one.
- Plum, a girl’s name taken from the rich fruit.
- Pomeline, a girl’s name of French origin that means apple.
- Poppy, a girl’s name of Latin origin, which means from the flower.
- Portland, which means land near the port in English.
- Posie, a girl’s name of English origin that means bouquet, flowers.
- Primrose, a girl’s name of English origin that means first rose.
- Rae, a girl’s name usually referred to as a short form of Rachel, which means ewe from Hebrew.
- Rain, a girl’s name from English origin that symbolizes cool and refreshing.
- Ramona is a feminine name taken from Ramon, of Spanish origin, and it means protecting hands.
- Ramsay is an Old Norse name that means strong island.
- Renata is a feminine name that’s common in Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic and Croatia.
- Rhonwen, a Welsh name that means slender or fair.
- Rory, in Gaelic and Irish, which means red.
- Rose, a Latin name that means a rose, or flower. Rosie is a variant of Rose.
- Roux, meaning russet and of French origin.
- Rowen, a Gaelic name for little red-head.
- Ruby, a Latin name that means deep red precious stone. It also symbolizes vibrant red, sultry and sassy.
- Saga, a Swedish name that means story or seeress.
- Sage, a Latin name that means wise.
- Saffron, a girl’s name taken from a spice that’s derived from the crocus.
- Sapphire, a Hebrew name that means blue.
- Sariah is a name of Hebrew origin that means princess of The Lord.
- Scarlett, an English name that means scarlet or red.
- Scotland, a name taken from the country.
- Serena, is a girl’s name of Latin origin derived from the word serenus, which means serene, clear and tranquil.
- Sia, of Hebrew origin meaning helper
- Skye, a name of Scottish origin. The ‘e’ at the end is taken from a slightly hippy nature.
- Sloane, a name of Gaelic origin meaning warrior.
- Spruce, a traditional girl’s name that means beautify.
- Snow, an English name taken from the Winter season.
- Stella, a girl’s name of Latin origin that means Star.
- Summer, a girl’s name taken after the season.
- Symphony, a name taken from a musical statement.
- Texas, a name taken from the county in America.
- Thea, short form of Dorothea meaning gift from God
- Tinsley is a girl’s name of English origin that is derived from a shiny metallic tree decoration.
- Titania, a Greek name that means great one or giant.
- Twyla, is an American name that means twilight.
- Ursa, of Greek origin meaning little female bear
- Vera, which means Truth from Russian.
- Victoria, a Latin name that means victory.
- Viridis, a medieval Italian or Latin name that means Green.
- Vesper, a Latin name that means evening star.
- Violet/Violette, a French name that means purple.
- Waverly, an English name meaning meadow of quivering aspens.
- Willow, a girl’s name of English origin that means Graceful.
- Winnie, a girls name of English origin meaning Gentle Friend.
- Winter, which means bringing of renewal in Native American.
- Wren, an English name that is a direct take from the Wren bird.
- Wynter, a girl’s name that’s a variation of the Winter season.
- Xena is a girl’s name of Greek origin that means stranger or guest.
- Yara, a girl’s name of Brazilian origin that means water lady or small butterfly.
- York, a girl’s name of Celtic origin, which means Yew Tree, a tree that is known for its own renewal.
- Zahara, a girl’s name of Swahili and Hebrew origin meaning Most Exquisite Flower.
- Zara, an Arabic and Hebrew name that means God remembers, or represents a blooming flower.
- Zella, a girl’s name which means zealous in English
- Zemira, Of Hebrew origin meaning Joyous Melody.
- Zenovia, a variation of Zenobia, which is a name of Greek origin that means force of Zeus.
- Zoey, of Greek origin that means life.
- Zuri, Of Swahili origin that means my rock.
How To Pick A Name For Your Baby Girl
It’s normal to feel a little anxiety as you pick the ideal name for your daughter because it’s more than just syllables and letters put together. Your baby is a vital part of your identity, which makes it even harder to pick out the perfect name.
However, before picking a name, find out what’s important to you and your spouse as parents for instance religion, heritage, family members or nicknames.
If you’re still undecided, find a style and settle on it. You can go with vintage, floral or just simple and ultra-girly names. If you prefer popular or rare names, browse our list and note the ones that stand out the most for you.
Look at the bigger picture, beyond a swaddled baby and teetering toddler, to your daughter as a grown woman because not all names that look cute on a baby will suit a mature woman.
Remember, don’t rush the baby naming process. You don’t have to follow any strict timelines and there’s no rule book about when you should have the name by. Some parents name their babies immediately after delivery while others wait it out until they’ve gotten to know their babies, and then give them names.
When all is said and done, enjoy the process. It’s an incredible journey of a new life and new beginnings in your family.
If you’re looking for potential names for your little girl, you’ve probably already come across thousands of them online but you’re still not sure which one to go with.
Start with our comprehensive list of the cute aesthetic girl names that will reflect your sweet little girl. Get some inspiration from our list based on the meaning you want your little daughter to carry.